First things first I just want to say thanks to everyone for a brilliant day on the comments yesterday. Not everyone agreed with yesterday’s post, understandably, but the manner in which readers put their arguments across was extremely thoughtful and enjoyable. More of the same please lads!
Right then, onto football stuff. I’ve had a couple of beers this afternoon so I’m feeling ballsy and in the right headspace to some critical statements regarding matters as they stand. Here goes:
1. I still think we were robbed by the officials on Saturday and it would have been very hard to avoid that 2-2 even if we had not been complacent. Not that I’m admitting we were complacent, mind you.
2. If we win our league game in hand we’ll be just two points behind pace-setters Chelsea with the competition’s best goal difference and if you’d offered that to me at the start of the season, I’d have bitten your hand off.
3. Every other big team is struggling this season. Chelsea, Manchester United and Liverpool all have their weaknesses and even considering ours it is extremely encouraging and needs to be capitalised on.
4. Arsene Wenger might be better served to play a mix of youth and experience against Liverpool for tomorrow night’s Carling Cup game against Liverpool. Thankfully Samir Nasri and Tomas Rosicky are in the mix along with Philippe Senderos and Mikael Silvestre, but I think we could do with Nicklas Bendtner or Eduardo providing a relatively experienced option up front. The boys from Anfield will be fired up after topping Manchester United and if we want to win this game we’ll have to put out a better side than the one that sneaked through the last round.
5. The manager’s choice of a goalkeeper is going to be telling. If it’s Lukasz Fabianski then Manuel Almunia will be back against Spurs. If it’s Almunia then Vito Mannone or even Fabianski might get the nod in the North London Derby. Personally I’d like to see Almunia play both games, but obviously that’s not likely to happen.
6. I love Thomas Vermaelen: “We should have had three points today and I’m too disappointed to see the positive.”
Right, I’ve got a podcast to record. Take it easy.
Have your say on all things Arsenal by leaving a comment.